Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Animal antics

Tonight I went to look in on my pig that is in the bottom pen. He was down there by himself because his brother was naughty and decided to roam. Any way I realize that he is not moving his hind leg and go in to investigate(yeah that was pretty yucky) and low and behold we think he broke his hind leg. This is at 8 pm. So I go to the house and get Big Eric. We have to get him in the upper barn where it is drier and we can keep an eye on him he says. ok this pig is at least 250+lbs! So he says we will go get the tractor and hoist him out and haul him up to the barn.(notice the WE part)
So he gets the tractor and I get the tow straps and away we go down to do this Very Dirty deed.
I was up to my Knees in Muck (remember the 3 weeks of rain we have had) and trying to put 2 tow straps around the body of the pig and get him tied up before he can figure out what WE are actually doing to him. That was fun!I strap him up and Eric hooks the straps to the backhoe. Up he goes . Well if you have ever heard a pig squeel you would have been belly laughing at this one. picture this pig hoisted up with a backhoe squeeling away at now almost 9 at night. The neighbors even came out to see what was going on ! LOL
Things are never boring around here, that is for sure!

No comments: