Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Mushy Stuff- I am Grateful

I just have to say that Most of you know what a really rough year I have been having.I just wanted to tell all of my friends and family just how much they -YOU - all mean to me. One of my friends says that she looks for the miracles that she has every day. I count all of you as that miracle. Out of all the bad/trying things that I have been doing this year,there you all are helping me through it. so Thank you!
Thank you family that is always there.Funny thing about family they really don't have to be there,but Mine is.I am truly grateful for 2 sisters-in-law that have lived up to the sister name better than anyone ever could.
Thank you Friends that have moved out of my state but not away from me. You are cherished and truly loved!I had a hard time when 2 of my closest friends moved this year.I needed them . But I must say I never lost them. They are still just a call or e-mail away and I am grateful for that. I am grateful that as we age we realize the old addage- make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver the other gold-is actually true.I guess that it amazes me that true friendship never really goes away .I am grateful that I have been reacquainted with a close brother like friend after 15 years.And that after 15 years apart we still have a great relationship.Kind of picked up right where we left off.I am grateful for my children's laughter every day,their hugs and kisses.My daughters love and my sons joy for life.I am truly grateful that I have an honorable husband that will really, in the end of everything ,do anything for me.He holds me up when he knows I am about to fall.When I tell him to go ,he stays. For that I am truly grateful.I am so grateful for my Mothers strength. She does not see it but,she is a beautiful ,strong and compassionate woman,that I look up to every day.I wish that some day she can see herself through my eyes,and know what and who she truly is.
Thank you all!Please now that you are truly loved!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Talk about people being able to see themselves through other peoples eyes......You are a pillar of strength for me. More than you will ever know. I am so blessed to be able to call you sister. In fact, "A pearl of great price" comes easily to my mind. I love you and the beautiful family that you nurture.

The Lahr's said...

Thanks Carol! Love you too!